Rego Inspections


Safety Certificates, pink slips and E-safety Checks

A Vehicle Safety certificate used to be called a pink slip because that was the colour of paper they were printed on – but since July 2008 drivers in New South Wales can get E-safety checks. This means an authorised Inspection Station is able to submit the vehicles ‘roadworthiness’ certificate (formally pink slip) electronically straight to the transport authority, which saves you time because you no longer have to physically go to the RTA office to submit your certificate.

How do I know if I need a E-safety Check?

You are notified if your vehicle requires a safety check on your registration renewal notice. A safety check is required in NSW if the vehicle is more than five years old or if it was previously registered in another state or territory. There are different types of inspections according to vehicle weights or if it is powered by LPG.

Southern Highlands Service Centre is an Authorised Safety check station for all light vehicle inspections, LPG and CNG inspections.

If you are not sure which type of vehicle inspection you need, or if you need an inspection at all, please phone us today or use our handy contact form and one of our friendly staff will contact you.

Specialist Car Services