Southern Highlands Service Centre know that safety is critical so understandably we are eager to tell you that Repco’s next generation of brake pads - Repco RCT - are currently available from our Mittagong workshop...Read more
Get a Brake Service for Your safety
Its evident that you need a brake service or repairs if you notice a longer than normal stopping distance.. But you should know there are less noticeable warning signs that you should be aware of to guarantee your safety when travelling on the road.
If you notice any of the following symptoms - it's time to have your brakes checked.
- Your brake pedal feels different - either spongy, softer or harder
- The brake pedal seems low
- During braking your vehicle loses grip
- Your car pulls to the left or right while braking
- You feel a shudder in your steering wheel when stopping
- Your brakes make a squealing sound
If your vehicle displays any of these danger signs, contact us at Southern Highlands Service Centre as soon as possible.
Brakes are a critical safety factor in all vehicles; not looking after them with a service means you are putting your life in danger. Brakes should be checked out at every service and by an expert mechanic.
At Southern Highlands Service Centre we offer a free 65 Point Vehicle Inspection report with every car service that we perform, and we will advise you if we feel there are any immediate concerns. Our written report will also let you know if there are requirements in the near future you should plan for.
As part of this inspection we check over the brake system components including:
- Front Brake Pads/Shoes
- Front Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Front Calipers
- Front Brake Hoses/Clips/Springs
- Rear Brake Pads/Shoes
- Rear Brake Disc Rotors/Drums
- Brake Fluid